Gypsy Wife Mash-Up: Pattern Number Two Is...

Week three of the Gypsy Wife quilt-along and I've substituted the heart for a pattern by one of my favorite designers: Elizabeth Hartman's Sleepy Sloth!  I can't resist her cute animal patterns!


I feel like I really took a chance with the tree fabric - I wasn't sure how the stripes would hold up but I'm very happy with how it looks!  Note to self: next time you make this quilt block, don't use a directional print for the tree!  I'm sure that would make the whole thing a lot easier!  Of course, I told myself the same thing after I made it the first time and I didn't listen so there's probably no hope.

Just for fun, here's the pillow I made with this pattern in April for a swap:


The Grunge Basics line is my absolute favorite for fur!  I love how a light patch just happened to end up on the tummy of the blue sloth.  And now I'm eagerly waiting to make next week's block for this quilt.


Comments