Football Quilt Like Teddy's

Way back in April 2015, my youngest informed me that his teddy bear needed a football quilt.  I'm always up for a mini quilt and Molli Sparkles had recently posted a football block that I wanted to try so I jumped right in.  It turned out adorable and his teddy bear loved it!


Fast-forward two-ish years to when he informed me that he needed a "football quilt like Teddy's".  This sounded like a fun challenge to me, so off we went.  We finished the second block today, which looks quite similar to the original one in style but varies quite a bit in fabric selection (his favorite part!).


Here they are together.  It's a pretty good match!


This is going to be a pretty simple big block quilt.  I am still hopeful that we can finish it before the football season ends, it just depends on how much time he's willing to spend sewing with me. All of the blocks are being sewn with him in my lap.  The first block is even bigger and comes from Lori Holt's new Spelling Bee book - a book I bought mostly because I loved this block!  We're going to use the alphabet from this book to add some text next.


Comments