Gypsy Wife Weeks 9 and 10

Two more blocks made in my Gypsy Wife quilt and I am officially ahead!  These blocks came almost entirely from my scrap bin, which was one of my goals for this quilt that I don't always pay attention to.

First, I made next week's Half Square Triangle Block, block 10.  The light gray fabric is from the back of my Moda Building Blocks quilt and I've been looking and looking for the perfect project to use it on.  When I saw it sitting in the scrap bin with this orangy print I knew it was the right match!  The pattern actually calls for two of these blocks, but because of the giant sloth mine will have in the middle I only need one.


Next, I went a little crazy with Week 9's Nurse's Cross Block.  I started with that center square as a scrap from another project I was working on and built off of it for the rest of it.  I really like the two different fabrics making up the "X" in the center.  The purple and yellow swirl fabric is also from the back of a quilt and it's one of those fabrics that's hard to match, thus the black and white.


I've only got a few big blocks left and I'm impatient so I decided to go ahead and start piecing the stripes too.  I felt like my fabric choice was a bit of a jump for me (cutting up all those big words!) but it really seems to work.  Now if I can just keep the text consistent like that across the whole quilt - nothing like a challenge to keep my brain working!


Comments