Gypsy Wife Doldrums

I'm at the low point in this quilt.  The point where it's getting annoying to have to pick out fabric for each block because I'm worrying too much about if I've used a certain piece of fabric before and how balanced all my rainbow colors are.  I may have even been avoiding it because I'm not wanting to think quite so hard.  That said, I've completed a few smaller side projects and it's time to jump back in and make some progress on this one!

Block 11 is Old Maid's Puzzle and I'm not a huge fan of the block.  The asymmetricalness of it just doesn't appeal to me - maybe I'd like it better if it wasn't a stand-alone block in a sampler quilt.  I also think my green background is a little too bright, but I love my purple lemurs (?) and black and white striped fabric.


I also made a couple of tiny (2.75") diamond filler blocks.  I haven't determined where they'll go in the final layout, but I had the fabric for the centers left over from some other cutting I was doing and it seemed like a good idea to just sew them up while it was out.

Comments