Gypsy Wife Progress

I am completely obsessed with this quilt and it's hard to ignore even if I want to, as I have it laid out across my sewing room floor right now.  I don't have a design wall so whatever I'm working on is always front and center and keeps me walking around the edges of the room.  I love puzzling out how to fit things together and since I'm ahead I decided to start making some of the smaller blocks and piecing together sections where I can.

I started off by sorting through a set of charms I got in a recent swap and deciding which ones I wanted to incorporate into my quilt - the small size made them perfect for cutting out various filler blocks.


I also used one of them in the October block from my Release the Kraken quilt:


And then there was this one.  No idea what the fabric is, but I couldn't bear to cut it at all so it became a version of week 13's Courthouse Steps block:


Finally, one of the large diamond blocks.  This bike fabric is not a charm, just a fat quarter that I've had forever and knew I wanted to include in this quilt:


And that's it for now! Once I finish Block 11 next week I should be able to assemble the entire left-hand side of the quilt - I'm very excited to see it come together!

Comments