Halloween Cobblestone Quilt

I've wanted to make a Halloween quilt for the past couple of years (and even made a cute ghost mini quilt last year) and after weeks of looking at all the spooky Halloween quilt progress pictures on Instagram I decided this is my year!  The lovely ladies at The Fat Quarter Shop sent me a fat quarter bundle of Hocus Pocus to make their new Cobblestone quilt pattern.

I started off in the kids' playroom playing the game of "arrange the fat quarters so no two colors and patterns touch each other".  It's a fun but frustrating game, especially when switching two pieces around means you have to make four more switches to keep the rules going, but I did come up with a layout that I liked.  I put the eyeballs right in the middle because they were what attracted me to this bundle in the first place!


After I was happy with the layout I started cutting.  Only three big rectangles from each piece of fabric so it went really quickly!  It's pieced in strips, which also was very fast.


After I had the top pieced I decided to quilt it in a style I've been wanting to try for a long time: straight line zig-zags.  The only reason I hadn't tried it before was that it never seemed to fit any of my projects, but it was the perfect spooky addition to this quilt:


Here's a picture from the back.  The straight lines are the ditch stitch lines and the quilting lines are spaced one inch apart.  This makes a perfectly snuggly quilt.


And the final finished quilt! 


As always, it's my new favorite and I'm so happy to have a fun Halloween quilt for Halloween this year!  The boys are very happy to have this one stay at home with us and keep trying to steal it from me.

Comments

Scrapatches said…
I love your quilt! When I saw this pattern, I thought Halloween Quilt. Hope to be sewing my own version soon. Thanks for the inspiration ... :) Pat