Cotton and Steel Photography Mini

I am almost done with a year-long swap; each month we get a new partner to send a little something to.  This month, I got a partner who loves Cotton+Steel fabric and photography.  I've been obsessed with Polaroid blocks for a long time, but never actually made anything with them so I decided it was a great time to go digging in my C+S scrap box and get making!

I ended up with six Polaroid blocks, some with older prints and some with newer prints.


Next up was a camera block I've been wanting to make for a long time, from Lori Holt's Spelling Bee book.  I think the sparkly fabric makes the perfect lens!


And then I just had to put it together.  I had an idea in my head and it came out pretty close to what I imagined!  I added a little fancy quilting to dress it up and I had just enough of the Gamaguchi fabric to bind it!


The only non-Cotton and Steel fabric in the whole thing is the plain white Kona I used in the Polaroid blocks.  I hope my partner likes it!

Comments