Fallen Branches Pillow

When I was sewing the trees in my Fresh Cut Pines quilt, there were a lot of corners cut off and I decided to save them for a companion pillow that I was calling Fallen Branches in my head before I even knew what I was going to do with them!


I had a vision of all the triangles lining up the same way, with a couple of red lines running through it.  But when it came time to put it together, my five-year-old was helping me randomize the greens and he insisted that a random layout was better.  Since both pieces are going to my mother-in-law and I knew she would get a kick out of something designed by him, I just went with it.  Here's the reference photo he took of the center section:


And here's the final pillow we ended up with:


The crazy layout really grew on me as I finished pulling this together.  I know Grandma will love it too!

Comments