Finished Rows in Slow Quilts

The first two rows of my temperature quilt are done!  This has been such a relaxing project so far; I'm focusing on putting my phone down in the mornings and taking five minutes to sew the previous day's block, normally with whatever else I'm working on as leaders and enders.  I think my favorite part of this project is that I'm joining the blocks as I go along. This means at the end of the year I'll have an entire quilt top, not a bunch of blocks that still need to be joined together!

I've also been working on my Harry Potter Bookcase Quilt.  This is another slow project that I am hoping to finish this year.  I had all the patterns for blocks four and five printed off and I rearranged them a bit before sewing them together.  I also added the book pile under Harry's glasses - putting them right on the shelf seemed like such a wasted opportunity!

Both of these are long and skinny so I just took a single photograph of them together:


You can also see I decided to put some novelty fabric into my temperature quilt - the little football players represent the Superbowl!  There's also some carry-over between quilt projects - both of these have the teal ball fabric and there's a lime green diamond in a purple square that's the back of my Matchbox Quilt.

And a close-up of the Harry Potter quilt just to show off the fabrics I used.  My favorite might be the Tula Pink face flowers - it fits this quit perfectly!


Comments