Quilt Block Summer Week 2

Welcome to this week's Quilt Block Summer Summary!  So far, so good with staying on track.

Temperature Quilt 2018
One block away from another full row!  The cardinal represents my grandmother.  My five-year-old picked the last two print fabrics for me.



Harry Potter Bookcase
"There was a lot more to magic, as Harry quickly found out, than waving your wand and saying a few funny words." - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone




2018 Summer Sampler
I love how this block looks rounded, especially when you rotate it ninety degrees!  I'm also trying to use the white as more of an accent color so that the blocks will stand out from the quarter-square triangle units in the final layout.  I may be limited by how much fabric I have, but I'll live dangerously as long as possible.



Ricochet Quilt
This week's block features Cut It Out in Navy from Rashida Coleman-Hale's Paper Cuts collection.



Trinket Quilt
The second block of this quilt is bringing in a little of my personality.  I switched up a few of the blocks from the cover pattern.  I'm also experimenting with either hand-drawing or improv-piecing the blocks just to give it a bit more of an abstract feel.



#100Days100Blocks2018
Scheduled to start on July 7th.

Hope you had a great sewing week too!

Comments