Quilt Block Summer Week 11

Welcome to this week's Quilt Block Summer Summary!  My husband and oldest son went on a camping trip last weekend so I had plenty of time to sew after the little boys were in bed - I'm almost back on track!

Temperature Quilt 2018
The weather has been beautiful for living, but not great for my temperature quilt - I'm almost out of the yellow.  Time to order more.


Harry Potter Bookcase
This week I made the bag from Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes.  I've had this black and green fabric in my stash forever and I'm so pleased to finally have a place to use it.  To me, the cut-off motifs just make it look like the bag is nice and slouchy - who knows what's inside!


2018 Summer Sampler
I made three blocks this week and the name of the game was "mix it up!"  In Block 8, Castillo, I combined the two paper-pieced sections for the outer corners into one using Photoshop.   This made one less section to join per quadrant and all of my top corners are perfect.  In the white points, the whole thing is just a single piece of fabric.  In Block 10, Vatican, my medium-sized triangle is also a single piece of fabric.  Block 9, Pagoda, made it through without any changes.


I was planning on taking a picture of the first nine blocks together to celebrate the halfway point of the quilt along, but since I made the last two on the same day, here's a picture of the first ten instead!


Ricochet Quilt
I'm not normally much of a floral-print enthusiast, but this fabric might change my mind.


Trinket Quilt
I was hoping to finish the second row this week, but I spent a lot of time on the Summer Sampler blocks instead.  It's first on the list for next week!

#100Days100Blocks2018
The end of the cross blocks (my least favorite section of the book) and beginning of the rectangles.  Lots of pandas this week!  I can't believe this is already a fifth of the way done (20/100 blocks).


Kid Sewing
Bonus kid sewing: this text bubble icon that my 5-year-old wanted to make.  Two weeks ago we made the "5" and this week we finished the rest of the block.  It is based on patterns from the Spelling Bee book by Lori Holt.  I was hoping to sew with the kids a lot this summer, but they haven't really been interested so it was fun to have him want to be in there with me.  And I'm so impressed with his fabric choices!


Hope you had a great sewing week too!

Comments