Quilt Block Summer Week 8

Welcome to this week's Quilt Block Summer Summary!  Between the rain and my kids going to a day camp, I had a lot of time to sew (though my pictures did suffer a little bit).

Temperature Quilt 2018
It's hard to believe that this top is halfway done already!  Minnesota celebrated by giving us a pair of days that had low temperatures in the 70s - my first pink outsides.


And for once the weather cooperated with my fabric for a holiday.  I pieced a tiny flag to represent the 4th of July.


Harry Potter Bookcase
Luna's glasses went together much quicker than I thought they would.  I've had the pink rosebud scraps forever and it was nice to find the perfect home for them!


2018 Summer Sampler
There was no new block this week, but I'm still not caught up.  Block six is called Versailles and was supposed to be easy, so of course I shrunk it down to create a repeated pattern.  This is a bit of a tradition with me - I did the same with the ice cream cone block in the 2016 Summer Sampler.


Ricochet Quilt
I made this during our 4th of July morning thunderstorm - it looks a little patriotic with the red towel behind it to protect it from the wet ground!


Trinket Quilt
Yellows and oranges and a bonus block this week.  The hourglass block was supposed to go where the bee block is, but it didn't work with the block diagonally above it.  Each row is made up of three nine-patches and one three-patch so this is just a head start on the third row - not going to complain about that!


#100Days100Blocks2018
Starts Saturday!  I'm ready to go!

Kid Sewing Update
While not one of these projects, I also have one more finish from the week that I'd like to share.  You might remember that my April goal was to get my son's Christmas blocks framed with him.  He decided when school ended that he wanted to finish the quilt before school started up again, so we got the entire top put together.  It still needs the outer borders but that's our project for July.  Kid sewing is rarely fast!


Hope you had a great sewing week too!

Comments