Quilt Block Summer Week 12

Welcome to this week's Quilt Block Summer Summary!  I started off the week by finishing the second Trinket row (at last!) and after that all the blocks seemed pretty easy - I got them all!

Temperature Quilt 2018
Minnesota must have been listening to me last week - still beautiful weather but a variation in colors this week.


Harry Potter Bookcase
Just books!  That purple is left over from the Trinket blocks below.  It might be the smallest book in the bookcase, but I'm sure there are lots of good spells inside.  I love the little circle right at the top.


2018 Summer Sampler
Block 11 is called Under the Eiffel Tower and I was very excited to see the curves in it!!  Curves are what attracted me to this series back in 2016 and it was fun to go back to that.  I did alter the block pattern slightly again this week, adding the solid border around the center hourglass block.


Ricochet Quilt
Florals again - who am I??  This is from the brand-new Freshly Picked collection.  I tried hard not to let the directions of leaves matter and I don't think you can really tell in the final block; the eye is drawn to the white flowers.


Trinket Quilt
I had to make a 12-patch to finish up row two.  I was originally planning on putting the bird in a diamond shape, but realized he worked perfectly as is after fussy cutting so I just left him alone.


Here are the top two rows; the ombre is in full effect!  It's awesome seeing it come together like this.


#100Days100Blocks2018
This balance is about right - I need 20 each of the blue and green blocks and 63 of the pandas, which is why there are so many more panda blocks.


Hope you had a great sewing week too!

Comments