Quilt Block Summer Week 16

Welcome to this week's Quilt Block Summer Summary!  It is the last week of official summer vacation for my kids, but I'm going to keep these posts going until I finish up the 2018 Summer Sampler (aka the official end of summer at the Fall Equinox).

Temperature Quilt 2018
Still plugging away!


Harry Potter Bookcase
Very little progress this week.  I was going to make a bottle to end this row, but my printer won't print my (black and white) paper-pieced pattern because it's out of blue ink.  So all I did was add two book blocks to the slug block and then sew them to the row.  You can see them in the background of my ricochet picture below.

2018 Summer Sampler
Block 15, Petra, is a block I've been looking forward to making since I first saw the mock-up of this quilt.  I think this would look great as a full quilt by itself!


Ricochet Quilt
I've got half of the rows sewn together (that just sounds more impressive than saying two!) and I'm admiring the cornerstone fabric.  Maybe a finished top by the end of the holiday weekend?


Trinket Quilt
I made these two red blocks to continue row three, but I didn't like how they looked in the final quilt layout.  So I did a little juggling and made the start to row four instead and I'm much happier!

For the eagle-eyed, yes, that pink ball on the orange fabric was used in three projects this week!


#100Days100Blocks2018
We reached the halfway point this week!


Hope you had a great sewing week too!

Comments