100 Days In the Book!

It's a big day today: the 100th day of the 100 Days 100 Blocks 2018 Quilt-Along!!  It wasn't all smooth sailing, but I successfully posted all 100 blocks on the correct days, ending with this sweet little panda block.  The panda butts are my favorites of all the pandas!


My initial reason for joining this quilt-along was a vision in my head of two patchwork quilts, one in all blue and one in all green.  These tops have actually been sewn together and are ready for basting and quilting.


The panda fabric was an impulse buy.  I wasn't sure how I would like the blocks, but I needed something to do with the other sixty blocks in the book.  And then I ended up liking them more than I liked my original vision.  Happy accidents are the best kinds!  I'm not 100% sure how these are going to get sewn together yet, but it will probably involve some sort of sashing so for now they are just going to hang out in my sewing room.


I am so happy to have finished all of these blocks and have already moved onto sewing my next quilt-along!  I am hoping to get at least the blue and green versions finished before the end of the year.

Comments