One Quilty Goal - January

A new year of goals starts today, and there's only one logical one to start the year off with: finishing my 2018 temperature quilt!  This quilt was so fun to make - if you are considering making something like this I would highly encourage it!  I didn't get to start mine until the second week of January last year so you still have plenty of time to choose a design and buy fabric without being too far behind.

In my quilt, the outer solid fabric represents the low temperature each day and the inner print fabric represents the high temperature each day.  Most of them are blenders, but special days are marked with fussy cut fabric.


My last five blocks will be incorporated into the quilt label on the back (365 doesn't divide into a nice grid for a quilt).  I also made a chart to show what temperatures the colors correspond to; my lovely mother-in-law did the embroidery of the numbers for me.


Now I just need to finish the back, quilt, and bind!  I'm linking up my goal at Elm Street Quilts.

Comments

Mrs Parker said…
I've never seen a quilt based on this idea before, it's really ingenious and has resulted in a lovely design. It got me thinking about a sunshine and cloud or sky colour version but not until next year when my UFOs are all done.
Rhonda said…
This is such a fun idea. I thought about it last year, but never got myself organized. Yours is really pretty and a great accomplishment. Good luck meeting your goal this month!
Patty said…
What a great idea on the embroidery - I've been trying to figure out what to do with my key and I think you just solved it for me! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.
Quilter Kathy said…
Amazing memory quilt! Best of luck with your goal!
Cathy said…
This is one of the best temperature quilts I’ve ever seen. Congrats on a lovely flimsy and good luck meeting your January goal to finish it!
swooze said…
What a great idea for the chart!
Unknown said…
Beautiful! I've seen knitted/crocheted temperature blankets, but never a quilt!