Quilt Along Progress

I spent most of July alternating between catching up on my quilt-alongs and spending time with my kids both inside and out.  This worked out really well because I felt like I was getting a lot done even when I only had twenty minutes or so to sew!

First, my Summer Sampler blocks.  As always with this sampler, I am mixing things up and creating my own interpretation of the blocks.  There are currently three blocks in the "to make" pile but I adore the nine that I have done already and can't wait to have this quilt on my bed.


Next, my 100 days blocks.  This year it's a new pattern and there's lot about it that I really like: the unique way Angie wrote the pattern, not all the blocks are square, most of the blocks are a quick sew, and the blocks aren't in any particular order based on what elements make them up.  My plan for a pastels has slipped a little, but I'm ok with that.  I've long been obsessed with crazy quilts and making this is a joy. 


Finally, my goal quilt-along: the Quiet Play blocks!  I am happy to report that I made my goal!  I sewed four new blocks.

Blue Bird

Winter Trees

Imagine

Eighth Note

I also worked on the layout and sewed together what I could.  It looks like I may have a few y-seams but one or two of those don't bother me as long as it's for the greater good of the quilt!  This is more of a reference picture than a blog-quality photo, but I am sharing it anyway.  I'm happy to have my quilt top down to five pieces!


I'm linking up my successful goal finish with Elm Street Quilts!

Comments

Patty said…
All these blocks look great! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!