Summer is for....

Quilt-alongs!  There are always so many good quilt-alongs to choose from, and this year is no exception.  I am currently working on three: Gnome Angel's 100 Blocks in 100 Days, with her fantastic new Kinship pattern; the 2019 Summer Sampler, and the Quiet Play Pattern Club.  All of them are very different and keep me busy in different ways.  Each has a distinct style and colorway: 100 Blocks is traditional and I'm going for pastels, the Summer Sampler has curves and is black, red, and yellow, and Quiet Play is all pattern pieced and bright and full of rainbows.

My goal for the month is to piece together all the Quiet Play blocks I've already made and make at least three more to add to the sampler.  I was hoping to have the bee made for this blog post, but after a series of disasters, it's just not going to happen.  One piece had the paper rip early and everything just got off and on another I put the wrong color fabric in the wrong spot and I'm not sure it's recoverable.  Just part of paper piecing tiny parts.  Instead, here are three of the blocks that I have completed successfully and don't think that I've previously shared here:


I'll be back at the end of the month to share my progress on all three of these quilt-alongs!  I'm linking up my goal at Elm Street Quilts.

Comments

Patty said…
LOVE those blocks! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.