Sweet Treat Quilt

On the menu today is another finished quilt!  The Sweet Treat quilt was pieced entirely from scraps in my sewing room - even the background is a piece of yardage bought for a different pattern that I decided not to make.


As I was finishing up the top of my quilt, the designers of Ruby Star Society were giving sneak peeks of their inaugural collections.  I decided it was worth waiting for two of the new prints that Melody Miller was releasing -  this ice cream print for the back and Spark fabric in Lipstick for my binding.  That almost-solid with just a pop of interest is exactly what I am into right now.


By the time I had the backing in hand, I had a whole pile of tops ready or almost ready for quilting so I decided to splurge and send it out to be quilted.  These fans just remind me of ice cream swirls!


You can get this pattern from Lindsey at Pen and Paper Designs - I tweaked it a little bit by adding the second ice cream truck.  Thanks for stopping by - I'm off to get a sweet treat of my own to celebrate this being done! 

Comments

Cheryl said…
Such an adorable quilt!!