Summer Dreaming

There's nothing like a sudden, early cold snap to get you thinking about summer.  And there's something about a goal to get yourself motivated.  Add on that our window contractor is coming back on the 14th to finish up some work (including in my sewing room) and we'll have family here non-stop after the 20th and I think this is the earliest I have ever finished one of my goals!

The first step was making two more blocks.  Both are slightly modified, but one is a block from the 2019 Summer Sampler and one is from The Quilt Block Cookbook.





Next up was the part that has been holding me back - the setting.  I loved the one offered with the pattern, but didn't want my quilt to be quite so large.  So in the end I went with a traditional layout, doing a narrow 1" sashing with Libs Elliot Raw in Rinsed.  I left my outer border a little wider, but will probably trim it down after I finish quilting.


Finally, I dragged the whole thing out to the deck where I took all my block pictures in the summer of 2018.  My feet got wet from standing in the snow, but it did a good job of hiding them!


The restrained color palette is really making me happy right now - maybe another non-scrappy quilt is in my near future.  But for now, this is being set aside.  I have a plan for the quilting, but also plans to go to a few local quilt shops with some of my holiday visitors so I'll be looking for a quilt back then.  Very rarely do I get to this stage of a quilt without having at least an idea of how I'm going to back it, but I'm sure I'll find something!

I'm linking up my successful finish at Elm Street Quilts!

Comments

Patty said…
Love all those unique blocks! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!