100 Days 100 Blocks 2020

Today is the first day of the 2020 100 Days 100 Blocks at Gnome Angel!  There are two great patterns to chose from this year.  Kinship was released last year and resulted in this scrappy beauty:


There's also a brand-new pattern called "Making the Cut" which creates a giant pair of scissors (there's also a more traditional layout included).  This pattern was actually released back in April and I got impatient and started it a little early - it was exactly the distraction I needed when all the COVID stuff was scary and overwhelming and my sewjo was disappearing fast.  Mine is close to being finished already!


In addition, I participated in the pre-event Block Battle Contest.  I didn't win but I had fun making my blocks and seeing people vote on them.  My second block even tied with the eventual winner!  Thank you to anyone who voted on mine and congratulations to the winners!


I won't be participating in the official quilt-along because I didn't take pictures of each block as I went along.  I also went off-script quite a bit - my version has a lot of I-Spy elements and sometimes my fussy cut pieces weren't exactly the right size so I had to alter things to make them fit.  Despite that, I highly recommend jumping in and trying out this super-fun and unique quilt pattern!  I'm planning on having my version, with its 70-block head start, finished by the time the quilt-along ends!

Pattern (affiliate) links:

Comments