Snowflake Quilt

Today I am sharing my final finish of 2020: my beautiful Snowflake quilt!!


I finished this quickly to get it in my 2020 "finish" count - so quickly that I did the hand-binding in just one day! The original photo below was taken in my backyard the day I finished it, but a quilt I loved so much deserved a little road trip for a better picture, which is how I got the one up above.


I've wanted to make this quilt since I first saw the pattern last year and when I saw Mr. Domestic's beautiful blue version in November I knew it was time.  I am in love with this quilt!  It really ticks all the boxes for me: bold, graphic, and scrappy.  In a happy coincidence, last month my guild did a fabric swap of 5x10 blue rectangles.  All the blues in this quilt are from stash and that swap!


I quilted it with two of my favorite motifs: orange peels in the white of the snowflake to give it the lacy feel of real snowflakes and swirls in the background like the wind that blows through during a snowstorm. I also hid a few tiny snowflakes in the swirls!


The backing is flannel, my new favorite.  A winter quilt needs a cozy back!  At midnight tonight I'll be snuggled up under this on the couch cheering in 2021.  Happy New Year!

Finishing this quilt was my December goal and I'm linking up my successful finish at Elm Street Quilts!

Comments

Kathy E. said…
Yours is such a gorgeous version of the Snowflake quilt! The scrappy ones are the best, I think. So lucky that you were able to get lots of blues from a swap. They all look so lovely together. The flannel backing is perfect for snuggling...an idea I need to keep in mind. Enjoy its warmth and happy new year!
Patty said…
Gorgeous! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your project.