Giraffe Love

 My first quilt of 2021 is here, and it was a fast, fun stash-buster quilt.  Meet Giraffe Love!

You may have seen these giraffes before - they were one of the first pieces of fabric I bought when I started sewing back in 2010.  I believe the original intent was to make a pillowcase, which explains why I also had a half yard of the coordinating dots from the same fabric line.  I've used bits of both fabrics in different scrappy projects over the years, but this is their first time to really shine as a feature fabric!  The yellow fabric is from an old. unstarted quilting project and the grunge dots are from a half-yard bundle I pre-ordered when the line was first introduced.

Giraffe Nine-Patch

Not only is this quilt completely from stash, between the front and back I used up six complete large pieces of yardage!  That made a little room for some of the fabric that's been sitting in boxes because there wasn't any space left on the shelves for it.  It felt really good to clear some old pieces of fabric out!

Since this is a baby quilt, I just did a simple meander in gray for the quilting on this one.  No need to get fancy on something that will hopefully be loved and abused by a tiny person!

Giraffe Love is a pattern test for my friend Angie at Gnome Angel and is the first pattern to be featured in her 2021 Nine Patch Parade, Fee-Fi-Faux Plaid.  It comes in lots of sizes, including the very cool rainbow version on the pattern cover!

Comments