2022 Monthly Recap: May

Another fast month has gone by.  I didn't manage to finish anything, but I did publish a new pattern and matching tutorial, which meant I spent more time in front of my computer than in my sewing room.  I also got a nice long visit with my mom, whom I haven't seen since Christmas time, so overall the trade-offs were worth it!  Plus I have two projects that are almost done and should be easy June finishes, so I'll be back on track next month!

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 11
WIP List at end of month: 13
Untouched in 2022: 5
Active QAL Projects: 2

Quilts Finished
None

Quilts Started
Just My Type - I used my Zephyr quilt pattern to clear out my pink, blue, and Christmas novelty prints stash, and now my focus has switched to low-volume whites. This is the first of two quilt-along projects I am planning to take part in to use them up!


Meeple Colorblock Quilt - A project with the larger size of my Meeple blocks.  I've wanted to make a color block quilt for a long time and this was the perfect way to tie all my tester blocks together!


Quilt Progress (5 WIPs touched)
Meeple Pillowcase - I've got this quilted, but I'm trying a new technique for the finishing and need to do a bit more research before I take the plunge to finish it up.


One, Two, Tree - Halfway done quilting the trees!  My bobbin ran out while I was quilting tree eight, and I'm hoping there's enough thread on the new one to quilt the remaining eight trees.  The photo is black and white to show off the quilting better.


Blocks made for my postage stamp quilt, memory scrap quilt, and leaders and enders quilt.  I finished the postage stamp row for April, but didn't start May's.  Every little bit of progress helps!


Miscellaneous Accomplishments
One of my mini-cross stitch projects is successfully framed! I bought the frame from Modern Hoopla, and it's easy to switch out the 6" hoops to match the season.  I normally turn my cross-stitch patterns into mini quilts but wanted to try something different and I'm happy with the result!

Comments