Macaron Mystery Quilt: Embrace the 80s!

 Are you ready to travel back in time to the 1980s?  If you are, I have just the quilt for you!

The pink and aqua solids in this quilt remind me of the 1950s-themed diner I worked in in high school, but the pop of black in the block centers bring me right to the 1980s!  This is the newest mystery quilt from Meadow Mist Designs, the Macaron Mystery Quilt, and like all my mystery quilts, it is scrappy from my stash.

I love the look of on-point blocks, but I forgot how tricky they can be to put together (my Chalk Stars and Zephyr quilts give the illusion of being on-point, but are pieced traditionally)!  The back is also from my stash, featuring some pink gingham that I thought would never find a home and some gray yardage originally bought for another project.  That project has been languishing in my WIP, untouched, for over three years and there's no special reason for this exact fabric to be used, so I can always go shopping if and when I come back it.

Here's a close-up of the fabric on the back that also accurately shows the colors on the front - after an extra-long winter, I was out of practice shooting outdoor pictures in the sunshine.

I quilted this one myself, doing a meander in a light pink thread.  The binding is a black-on-black print that I found in my stash,  This fun little throw has been donated to Wrap Ukraine With Quilts, where it hopefully is bringing comfort to someone who needs it!

Comments