2022 Monthly Recap: August

August wasn't a big sewing month for me.  I spent the month piecing Kinship blocks for my 100 Days quilt and quilting my Meeple quilt.  A lot of time was spent outside at the local amusement park and inside playing board games, depending on the weather that day.  Soon enough the kids will be back in school and I'll be sewing more.  I've got a baby shower gift and a birthday request that both need to be done by October!

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 12
WIP List at end of month: 12
Untouched in 2022: 5
Active QAL Projects: 2

Quilts Finished
None!

Quilts Started
None!

Quilt Progress (5 WIPs touched)
Meeple Colorblock Quilt - All the hard work with this one is finished!  Everything is quilted in color-coordinated thread and the binding has been machine-stitched onto the front.  A few more nights in front of the TV and this will be finished!


One Hundred Days One Hundred Blocks 2022 - This really needs a catchier name; is "Black and White Kinship" any better?  Regardless, I have 31 completed blocks, almost a third of the way done.  I bought some black solid fabric, but the rest is coming from my scrap bins.  I'm specifically focusing on small pieces of fabric and old fat quarters that I haven't touched in forever and my goal is to use each of them up by the time the top is finished.  I'll worry about an even distribution when I decide on my final layout!


Just My Type - The letters are getting framed as leaders and enders blocks with the 100 Days quilt. Next month I just need to make the typewriter and finish sewing the letters together!  This photo also shows off the sliver of the postage stamp quilt I managed to sew together on the last day of the month - something is better is than nothing!


Blocks made for my postage stamp quilt and leaders and enders quilt.

It's not a lot, but I'm happy with my quilt-life balance for August.  I've got so much planned for September, including a fun new quilt-along starting tomorrow!  Thanks for reading!

Comments