Bear Piano Scarf

My son recently started taking piano lessons and for his birthday I decided to deck out the top of his piano with a scarf, piano light, and framed photo of his favorite stuffed friend, Teddy.

I dug through my stash for all the bear prints I could find, and added in some "One Fish, Two Fish" fabric as an inside joke.  I even found an orphan bear block from the Fancy Forest quilt I made back in 2016.  There's no real pattern to this as I sized it to the top of the piano (9 3/8" inches tall so lots of fun math!).  Here's a picture of the top and back of it together since it's hard to photography something long and skinny.

I did a simple meander with the quilting since I know it's going to be covered with "stuff" almost all of the time.  This was a fun, quick mini project and my son loved all the bright colors and bear prints.  He also got plenty of tween-appropriate gifts that weren't handmade by his mom!

Comments