2022 Monthly Recap: November

November was all about small progress on lots of projects.  I took a good look at everything on my WIP list as I determined what I'm going to try and finish in 2022 and what goals I want to make for 2023.  I like to keep December open for fun sewing only - there's too much going on for tight sewing deadlines!

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 12
WIP List at end of month: 11
Untouched in 2022: 1
Active QAL Projects: 1

Quilts Finished
Just My Type (May 2022)

Quilts Started
None!

Quilt Progress (10 WIPs touched)
Sew Place Like Home - The sweetest little Tin Man and his eight matching poppy blocks are done.  I used seven different gray solids to sew him together and had tons more that didn't make the cut, but his heart patterned with tiny numbers is my favorite part!


Black and White Kinship - Eight more blocks made this month, and all 100 are done!  Sewing these together is on my 2023 project list.


Harry Potter QOD - Another Flying Key!  I have not trimmed them yet because I don't know how they will be used in the final top; I need to make a few more blocks first.  These were both made from the same pattern, but I altered the second key to make them look different.


Untouched In 2022 - One of my 2022 goals was to touch all my WIP projects at least once, and this month I devoted some time to doing that!  You can read the linked blog post to get more details on each one or just enjoy this collage showing the blocks I made.


Blocks made for my postage stamp quilt, memory scrap quilt, and leaders and enders quilt.

Miscellaneous Accomplishments
Does carefully removing the cuffs from a flannel shirt, shortening the sleeves, and then reattaching them count?  I wanted my boys to have matching shirts for Christmas and while two of them wear adult sizes, one is still in the boys' section.  So I bought him an extra small and just had to alter the sleeve length.  I'm happy with the final result!

Comments