Hello, Spring!

That title is not a typo.  It is late summer here, but the pattern I used for this fun garden quilt is Hello, Spring.  This quilt was a quilt-along quilt and I'm proud to say that I actually finished it on time, even if the blog post is a little bit late.

This gorgeous arbor and flowers are part of our local community gardens - gardening is not one of my hobbies.  The quilt looks scrappy but was actually made with a fat eighth bundle of Thicket by Alison Glass and Skygazing by Giucy Giuce that I bought last year and stashed, waiting for the perfect project to use it on.  I also used some extras from both designers to round out my top.  The only fabric not by one of these two designers is the background, which is a white-on-white print from the Pips collection by Aneela Hoey, which no longer seems to be available.

I started making this quilt just for fun, but as I was working on it, one person's name kept popping up in my mind so by the time it was finished it had become a Christmas gift for that person - I don't think I have ever finished a Christmas gift so early!  The quilt has a soft flannel back from Art Gallery fabrics and is bound in a print from Giucy's Christmas line, Natale.  I love  this print so much I have it in both colors that are available and I wish he'd release it as a full basic line because I would buy it in all the colors.

I love that a little bumblebee decided to photobomb this picture of the quilt!  The quilting pantograph is called Fun Flowers and was stitched by my friend Lauren at Tekstil Crave.  There's a lot going on with this one and I love how it looks on the final quilt.

Time to go carefully roll this one up and stash it away so it doesn't get lost before Christmas.  All my boys say this one is "pretty but not my style" so I think it's pretty safe, but the flannel on the back is so soft they might not be able to resist.

Comments