Mismash

The past couple of weeks have been taken up with First Lego League (the team I coached won at regionals!), cross-stitching (because I'm so tired from all the FLL stuff I just want to crash on the couch), and sewing a second Cobblestone quilt, which is currently stuck in hand-binding limbo (because I keep choosing to cross-stitch instead!).

Out of necessity, I did make it down into my sewing room to sew up a quick bow-tie for my son's wax museum costume.  All the fourth graders dress up as historical figures and give "recorded" speeches about themselves.  My son was Thomas Edison and I just know that if Edison was alive today his kids or grandkids would give him a crazy lightbulb novelty bowtie:


While I was down there, I did get sucked into a few easy quilt blocks.  I put together a few of the blocks for the Magnolia Mystery Quilt - I'm loving these cute little flowers and really hope they are put into the final quilt on-point.  And if not on-point, I'm debating just abandoning the rest of the sew-along and doing it that way anyways:


Finally, I know I said that my Gypsy Wife Quilt was on hiatus, but the scraps from the Cobblestone quilt were still sitting out and just begging to be used in Week 16's Pinwheel in a Square block:


And that's honestly all I have to share for the last few weeks.  With the long holiday weekend coming up I'm hoping to get a little more sewing time in, as well as spending a bunch of quality time with my boys.  I've got a million ideas but not a lot of time!

Comments