More Slow Projects

Besides the Harry Potter Bookcase and Temperature Quilt, I have two more projects that I consider "slow".  These are quilts that I still like and want to make but for various reasons just don't have the motivation sit down and actually crank out.  Both of the projects in this post are on my 2018 Quilty Goals list and were carried over from 2017.  Coincidentally, they are both quilts that require nine blocks and I just finished the fifth block of each - maybe there's hope that at least one will be done this year!

The first is my Sudoku quilt - nine six inch blocks featuring the color orange.  This one tends to sit until I'm inspired by a block that seems to want to be included.  I saw this block last fall and stitched it up in January:


Here are the five blocks all together (I do have nine of each one).  I'm not sure my color scheme is cohesive - I'll have to pay attention to tie it all together when I sew the last four blocks together.


The second is my Hedgehogs of Literature quilt, a mash-up between two patterns that I love, Hazel the Hedgehog and Book NerdGnome Angel is running an Elizabeth Hartman quilt-along right now and the week they were promoting Hazel I jumped on board to make another one for my quilt.


Then she just sat, waiting.  Poor Katniss.  I didn't have a piece of black fabric big enough to make the back cover of her book and my local quilt shop was out of stock.  I finally just purchased it online so I could finish the block up.  I used a pattern from Fandom in Stitches to make the cover of her book.  I printed it at 60% so it would fit, which made for some tiny pieces but it still went together beautifully!


And here are four of my Nerdy Hazels together, happily reading about themselves (Harry Potter is hanging on the wall).  All of the background fabrics are by Carolyn Friedlander.


I need to make more time to work on both of these!

Comments