April Goal Update

My quilty goal for April was to make some progress on my son's current quilting project, the Sleigh Bell Sampler.  Over spring break, we managed to fulfill my minimum goal, which was to border each of the squares (the next step in assembling the top).

I'm happy to say that despite me spending most of the month quilting my Release the Kraken quilt, there was some more progress on his top!  First, we made all of the red and white hourglass blocks.  Next, we made the six green diamond blocks.  Right now, we are working on sewing the white sashing to the hourglass blocks.


My son had a blast deciding on a final layout for all his blocks.  Once we get this center part assembled, there are two more borders to finish it.  He also informed me today that he wants to piece a giant sleigh to go on the back of the quilt - we'll see!  This is currently out on my design floor and I'm hoping we can finish putting it together this week (I need that floor space for other projects!).

I'm linking up my progress with Elm Creek Quilts.

Comments

Patty said…
The blocks look great. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.