Spring Break Sewing

My kids had a late spring break this year and we were only able to get away for a long weekend.  Unlike our winter break, everyone was healthy so we were able to get out and have some fun in our city.  But in between excursions and board games, we all got a little bit of sewing in!

First up, was my oldest son.  His project was my quilty goal for April and I'm happy to say that we finished the first step of assembling the top.  All of his blocks have been framed in the red snowflake pattern and trimmed to the same size.


My middle son has been working on the same quilt for almost three years now.  We looked at the time stamp on the first block he made and it was May 1, 2015!  It's so close to being done, but most of the time he'd rather play Minecraft than sew with mom. When I do coax him down we always have a good time.  Seeing his brothers sewing really inspired him though, and we got two more blocks done!


My youngest is working on a very unique sampler quilt.  His choice for block six was "popsicles", which makes me laugh since he doesn't even really like them all that much!


Finally, I took a little bit of time to sew for myself.  I pieced together a fancy back for my Release the Kraken quilt that's practically a quilt in itself, and then finished Harry Potter's second bookshelf.


I'm so glad I can share my hobby with my kids!

Comments