June Goal Update - It Looks Like a Bookcase!

I was a little worried that my June goal was a little too easy, but it turns out I was right on the money.  Between end-of-school-year activities, vacation, and extended family visiting for a wedding, my sewing time really suffered.  But unlike May, I did finish!

The first part of my goal was to make the Monster Book of Monsters.  There were a lot of tiny parts and a little bit of seam ripping, but in the end he looks adorably terrifying.


The second part of my goal was to get all my blocks sewn together into one piece.  I've been making the rows as I go along, but I needed to take the time to cut my brown bookcase fabric to join the rows together.  It's amazing how much a difference three strips of plain brown fabric can make!



I'm linking up my completed goal at Elm Street Quilts.

Comments

Patty said…
This is awesome - the monster block and the bookcase! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!
Kathryn T said…
I love your work on this quilt. I hope to make a bookcase quilt one day - fairly soon! I am going to follow the Harry Potter ideas but not Harry Potter, I just want to do a general one. Kathryn Quilts
Laura said…
Love those books. A book case quilt is on my list as well.
Rhonda said…
What a wonderful quilt. You did a great job on it!