Quilt Block Summer Week 4

Welcome to this week's Quilt Block Summer Summary!  Today is the last day of school for my big kids so summer is at full blast starting tomorrow.

Temperature Quilt 2018
Another special week - my oldest son turned ten!  He choose the UFO to represent his birthday and I love it because this is fabric he originally chose (at the store) for an apron I made him when he was two.  I am definitely loving the more spring-like temperatures we've had this week - full summer heat can hold off for a bit longer as far as I'm concerned.


Harry Potter Bookcase
I officially made the Monster Book of Monsters my June OMG goal this week, and I was worried that I was thinking too small.  But it took me three days just to get his bottom jaw pieced together so I think it was a wise choice!


2018 Summer Sampler
Block four is called Giza and it's another paper-pieced block!  It has nice big pieces to contrast with the tiny ones in my Harry Potter Bookcase.  The middle isn't actually a square, so I picked my busiest print and crossed my fingers - the join turned out well.


Ricochet Quilt
I look forward to making this block each week because it's so simple compared to most of the others.  Not sure why this one ended up so wonky, but it's the right size so I'm not going to worry about it.  The kids cart off most of my quilts anyway so it's unlikely I'll ever see it again after it's finished.


Trinket Quilt
I was really hoping to get the top row finished this week, but I was only able to get two blocks made.  Two very simple blocks.  But next week I should have the top row finished!


#100Days100Blocks2018
I took the time this week to plot out which blocks are going to go in which version of the quilt (blue baby, green baby, or pandas) and I am all ready for the quilt along to begin.  I actually need 103 blocks to finish all three quilts so I made one of the duplicates to celebrate finishing my plan.  This is block #54 for the green baby quilt.


Hope you had a great sewing week too!

Comments