Quilt Block Summer Week 15

Welcome to this week's Quilt Block Summer Summary!  It was another travel week for us - my sister got married in my hometown and then we visited a nearby water park.  It was a great week even though not a lot of sewing got done.

Temperature Quilt 2018
First, a close-up of my vacation blocks.  They are a little more subtle than the Boston blocks I made earlier this summer, but they represent the trip well.  I especially adore the little waves on the pink block for our water park day.


And then today I finished row number 13!  My little quilt holders distorted the top a little, but you can still get the general idea.  I'm so tired of picking out red fabrics!


2018 Summer Sampler
I had two of these blocks to make and I got to it as soon as I finished the temperature blocks.  I didn't follow the directions very well for either of them!  Block 13 is Pisa.  I rotated my quadrants so that the big part is the center and the stripes are outside.  I like how it looks and there were fewer seams to match.  Block 14 is Pantheon.  I didn't like how the block was asymmetrical - to me it looked like a patch because the block was a little short in one direction - so I just cut a center square and winged it going around until I got to the right size.  I played a lot with color placement too - mine barely looks anything like the example pictures!


Trinket and Harry Potter
Victims of the travel week.  More blocks to come soon!

Ricochet Quilt
Just enjoying the fact that all the blocks are done!  I can't wait to start assembling this quilt.

#100Days100Blocks2018
I had all of these blocks made before we left on vacation.  I was so excited to see the half-square triangle blocks after all those flying geese!


Hope you had a great sewing week too!

Comments