Quilt Block Summer Week 7

This was our first "normal" week of the summer - no traveling, appointments, or out-of-town visitors. We all enjoyed some much-needed downtime, which for me meant plenty of time in my sewing room!

Temperature Quilt 2018
This is still my favorite project and the one I am most eager to work on every morning.  I used novelty prints to represent our days in Boston, but the colors of the blocks are still based on our home city.


Harry Potter Bookcase
No new block this week, but I did make a minor repair (removed and replaced a fabric I accidentally used twice) and joined all three shelves together.  This was my June goal so it got its own blog post earlier this week.

2018 Summer Sampler
I finished this beast of a block - and I love it!  Thanks to everyone who posted on the hashtag to give me the idea to put my accent fabrics in the center.  I also rotated my center 45 degrees to give it a little more punch.


Ricochet Quilt
Block six!  I think this is going to be my first Quilt Block Summer graduate - it's already halfway done.  I experimented with cutting up a large-scale butterfly print and I like the final effect.  I've got three greenish blocks and three bluish blocks so now I need to make sure I preserve that ratio as I finish the second half of blocks.



Trinket Quilt
The start of row two and my final green block.  The more blocks for this that I make, the more I deviate from the cover quilt on the pattern - which is what the pattern itself encourages you to do!  The block that is just a diagonal is my own variation and the "X" is offset from the center for "creative reasons" that have nothing to do with cutting errors and a lack of additional fabric to fix cutting errors.


#100Days100Blocks2018
This is my last duplicate block - #89 in green.  The actual quilt-along starts next Saturday - I need to get organized to make sure I can finish a block every day!


Hope you had a great sewing week too!

Comments