2020 Goal Recap: March

There's not much to say - this month definitely did not go the way I expected it to.  Instead of visiting with both my sister and my brother (two separate trips, we live in three different states), I got a lot of extra time with my kids and sewing machine.  It might be the first time that I'm not happy to get extra sewing time.

Goal #1: Get my WIP List Under 10
WIP List at beginning of month: 17
WIP List at end of month: 16
Untouched in 2020: 8
Active QAL Projects: 3
Kid Projects: 2

Quilts Finished
February's Grunge Dots and Sparkles Secret Sewing Project (started February 2020) - Reveal tomorrow!


Quilts Started
None!  Hard to believe I know!

Quilt Progress (4 WIPs touched)
2018 Summer Sampler - aka the reason for the lack of blog posts this month.  I didn't even turn my iron on until halfway through the month because I got sucked into quilting, quilting, quilting!  Each block is quilted in a different pattern with at least two different colors (I used 6 overall!).  My goal for the month was to finish at least 12 of the blocks and I ended up getting all 20 quilted, plus the binding on!  Should be a fast and easy finish for next month and I'm linking my successful goal finish up at Elm Street Quilts.



I'm caught up on my Adventure Quilt!  I'm particularly fond of the red blocks - I decided to "chose my own adventure" as I don't appliqué and these turned out perfectly!


I finished the February row of my  Forgotten Fat Quarter QAL quilt and March's row is next on my list.  I've still got three weeks until the next row is released so I'm not behind yet!


Rounding this section off with a little kid sewing - the first of the 15-inch blocks in Eli's quilt!  I thought we'd sew more but the weather has been nice so they've been playing outside quite a bit.



Goal #2: Give Away 5 Quilts
This month: 0
Year-to-date: 3

I've got two quilts ready to be gifted.  These were supposed to be in-person gifts so I'm holding onto them for a bit longer.  Still feeling very good about this goal!

Goal #3: Publish 3 Patterns
Patterns published this month: 0
Year-to-date: 0.5

I've cleared the way for pattern writing - I filed my taxes and finished the photobook of my family's 2019 photos as well as starting the 2020 photobook.  Really hoping that's the last of my excuses and I have something to show in this category next month!

Comments

Patty said…
Great job! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.