2020 Goal Recap: April

A full month of staying home is behind us.  I've never had any desire to homeschool my kids, but I'm happy to say we made it through and they might have even learned something!  As for me, I coped by starting new quilt projects and keeping up on my quilt-alongs.  A few of these are waiting for the finishing touches in my en route package.

Goal #1: Get my WIP List Under 10
WIP List at beginning of month: 16
WIP List at end of month: 17*
Untouched in 2020: 8
Active QAL Projects: 4
Kid Projects: 2

Quilts Finished (2)
2018 Summer Sampler (Started May 2018)
Catitude Pillow (Started April 2020)* - Just a tiny bit of finishing work needed!

Quilts Started (2)
Wake Me Up SAL - the classic lines in this one just really appealed to me.  I haven't done anything like this in a while and it was fun to work with big pieces of fabric for once.  My stash didn't have quite enough dark pinks, so my slow package contains the last two, plus a piece of low volume fabric that just jumped in because it wanted to be a part of this quilt!  Overall though, I used up more fabric on this than I'm bringing in so it's a scrappy victory.


Make the Cut - the newest Gnome Angel pattern.  The quilt-along was delayed until July, but I really wanted a project I could work on in small chunks so I went ahead and started it.  Since it's not a quilt-along, I'm changing up some of the blocks to match the scraps that I want to include.  The overall background fabric was bought and unused for another project and I'm having fun trying to make my neutral blocks blend together without overwhelming the whole thing.


Quilt Progress (6 WIPs touched)
The March row of the Forgotten Fat Quarter Quilt is dark orange.  No clue what brand or shade this is, but it looks like I might have used it for binding at some point.  Regardless, I had plenty and it looks nice next to my other orange row - I was super excited to finally get to sew two rows together!


The April block for my guild's adventure quilt was pink improv triangles.  It's definitely the largest amount of improv I've done, and I dived deep into my stash - some of those pinks have been around for ages.  Next month's block is mine and I can't wait to share it!


Blocks made for both my memory scrap quilt and leaders and enders quilt.  Also a very, very, very small amount of progress on one of the kid sewing projects - hoping for a finished block next month!

Finally, it's passive on my part, but I did get my swap package with the Sunshine blocks back in the mail!  So I just need to figure out a setting and sew those together!

Miscellaneous Accomplishments
Six face masks for my family.  These are not fancy or exciting but they will work to keep us safe.

Goal #2: Give Away 5 Quilts
This month: 0
Year-to-date: 3

I don't think the world is going to calm down anytime soon.  I'm going to get the two I am ready to give bagged up prettily and just do a door drop with them.  Next month!

Goal #3: Publish 3 Patterns
Progress made on pattern writing this month: yes
Patterns published this month: 0
Year-to-date: 0

I don't like my tracking mechanism for this one - it looks like I haven't done anything, but I am working on it behind the scenes!  Writing patterns (for me) is a slow process - I have the ideas, I can write clear instructions, but I struggle with the graphics and making the whole thing look pretty.  When I am following a pattern I'm more of a "less is more" kind of person - I'd rather have the whole thing print off on one page with minimal diagrams, but I know that doesn't work for everyone so I'm trying to find a style that works for me and for people reading my patterns.

Comments