2020 Goal Recap: October

Happy Halloween!  October was a very productive month for me.  I finished two quilts in five days (not on purpose, but still a rush!) and did a lot of fun small projects.  The early snow and cold is definitely a contributing factor to my increased sewing time.

Goal #1: Get my WIP List Under 10
WIP List at beginning of month: 17
WIP List at end of month: 16
Untouched in 2020: 4
Active QAL Projects: 3
Kid Projects: 2

Quilts Finished
Quarantine Cut (April 2020)
Camp Stars (September 2020)

Quilts Started
Chalk Stars quilt sample (my other new pattern).

Quilt Progress (4 WIPs touched)
Morewood Mystery Quilt - Irish chain units added - can't wait to see how all these little bits are going to come together!  I didn't share a picture last month so here are the September and October blocks together.  The yellow and pink blocks are scrappy but the teal blocks are all identical.


Adventure Quilt - Assembled the three-part units and made the September blocks.  I have two more 12" blocks to go and then the top can be assembled!


Blocks made for both my memory scrap quilt and leaders and enders quilt.

Miscellaneous Accomplishments
My son got a pretty cool new loft bed for his birthday so of course he needed a fun new pillowcase to go along with it (Dad made the loft so Mom needed to make something too!).   He also got a new birthday mask.


Cross-Stitch Pumpkin Pillow - another one of the cross-stitch projects that I was hoping to finish last month.  I'm happy to have it decorating my mantel!

Pumpkin Pillow Cross Stitch

I also made part of a quilt - this is a group quilt that my guild is working on, loosely inspired by one of my new patterns that is yet to be published!  I'm a serial pattern-hacker so I'm thrilled that someone adapted one of mine.


Goal #2: Give Away 5 Quilts - COMPLETE!
This month: 0
Year-to-date: 5

Goal #3: Create 3 Patterns
Progress made on pattern writing this month: yes
Patterns published this month: 0
Year-to-date: 3

Lots of work done on this one!  My Camp Stars pattern is done and the major roadblock to getting it published was getting good pictures to promote it.  We had multiple snow storms in October, including one that dumped nearly 7" of snow on us.  I didn't want snowy pictures so I had to wait for it to melt, which it finally did yesterday.  I'll be putting the finishing touches on it this weekend and it will be available on Monday!


My 12-year-old son is my official quilt photographer and he thinks it is hilarious to take outtakes of me. Most of them are pretty awful but I actually really like this one!

But that wasn't all!  I also pieced the top of my Chalk Stars quilt pattern!  This one will be in Make Modern magazine next spring.  I'll be spending next month writing up the actual pattern - my process is to start with the measurements and a rough outline of how I think construction should happen, then go back and make it pretty after I've made the quilt once.



Comments