2020 Goal Recap: November

The year is almost over and it was time to buckle down and make some progress on my first goal. I got a boost early in the month from my virtual quilt retreat - I ignored my family and just concentrated on sewing for an entire weekend. And when the retreat ended, I just kept sewing!

Goal #1: Get my WIP List Under 10 
WIP List at beginning of month: 17
WIP List at end of month: 15
Untouched in 2020: 4
Active QAL Projects: 2
Kid Projects: 2

Quilts Finished
Adventure Quilt (January 2020)
Big Top Quilt (July 2020)
Chalk Stars Sample Quilt (October 2020) - Secret until spring!

Quilts Started
Snowflake quilt! This has been on my to-make list since I first saw it last year and it was finally time to make one up.  I couldn't participate in this year's quilt-along because I was working on Camp Stars and Chalk Stars, but now that those are done I got right to work.  I didn't do mine in the order of the quilt-along anyway so maybe it's better that I just did it on my own (in a week!).

Snowflake Quilt Top

Quilt Progress (4 WIPs touched)
I made the first group of C blocks for my Plaidish quilt and assembled the "dark" rows. Only 16 blocks and 4 rows to go on this one!

Morewood Mystery Quilt - I have no idea where this is going, but I like what I have so far!


Blocks made for both my memory scrap quilt and leaders and enders quilt.  I also added a whole row to the body of the leaders and enders quilt!

Miscellaneous Accomplishments
Masks and drawstring bags - some for people at our house and some shared with others!

Goal #2: Give Away 5 Quilts - COMPLETE!
This month: 0
Year-to-date: 5

One more in the wings for next month.

Goal #3: Create 3 Patterns - COMPLETE!
Progress made on pattern writing this month: yes
Patterns published this month: 2
Year-to-date: 4

Surprise!  This ended up being a two-pattern month.  I started the month by publishing my Camp Stars quilt pattern and ended it by publishing my Shadow Pinwheel pillow pattern!  The second one was a surprise even to me - I was playing with the scraps from my Chalk Stars quilt and loved the resulting pillow so much I decided to share it with all of you.  And it's a much simpler pattern than either of the other two (aka no curves!).  December will be spent putting the finishing touches on my Chalk Stars pattern - adding fancy diagrams as well as photographs of the finished quilt.

Shadow Pinwheel Pillow

Comments

Kathy E. said…
Wow! You've been a busy quilter this month! I've long admired the Snowflake Quilt and just bought the pattern today since it was on sale. I'm sure it won't get done (or even started) this year, but maybe in the new year!
Happy Holidays to you!