Adventure Quilt

My 2020 Adventure quilt is done ahead of schedule!

Such a rarity in the quilting world, right?  But after I finished the last two blocks and assembly at the virtual retreat my guild put on earlier this month, it was a breeze to baste and quilt this.  I did a simple meander in gray over the entire thing and was able to quilt the whole thing in a single afternoon with only two bobbin changes!

This quilt was a yearlong event put on by my guild.  Each month was created by a different member - you may remember that back in May I contributed a 12" block featuring two borders and triangles.  We weren't working together and we didn't have any priority knowledge of what the other blocks would be.  I told my aunt my vision for this quilt was "something you'd see in a picture book" and I think I succeeded!

My original thought was to photograph this at our local aviation museum, but it was closed due to COVID.  My son and I decided to stop at the nature preserve instead and agreed this log over a winding creek was better anyway - most of our 2020 adventures did involve nature!  And the back of the quilt does give a nod to greater adventure!


Finishing this quilt was my November goal and I'm linking up my successful finish with Elm Street Quilts!

Comments

Patty said…
Gorgeous! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!