2021 Monthly Recap: August

August was a creative month!  I started off by releasing Chalk Stars as a stand-alone pattern and hosting the Quilt Back Parade on Instagram.  After that I worked on a group design project, designing a quilt with my guild for the QuiltCon Community quilt project.  Finally, I designed a block for my Sudoku quilt and worked on my next pattern release, Zephyr.  All of that was happening alongside lots of summer fun with my kids.  Whew!  What a great end to summer.

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 12
WIP List at end of month: 13
Untouched in 2021: 4
Active QAL Projects: 1
Kid Projects: 2

Quilts Finished
Little Fox (August 2021)

Quilts Started
Pink Zephyr Baby Quilt - The first test of my new quilt pattern!  This pattern was written to use up large scraps - like that fat quarter that you cut a charm square out of and now it's just hanging around.  No curves, and it comes in multiple sizes!  This test version is ready for basting.  Release date TBD.

Quilt Progress (4 WIPs touched)
Summer Scrap - I love this quilt, but it is at an unwieldily place; I need my design area back!  I started building down instead of across so I could see the end point.  This is the bottom minus the border row of low volume fabrics - time to do a deep dive to get enough of those to finish this off (so far I haven't repeated a single fabric).


Sudoku Quilt - one of my oldest active WIPs (if you can call something that hasn't been touched in over two years "active").  The first block is from Tula Pink's City Sampler book and the second was designed by me.  I've had this double curve block in my head for a long time and it was fun to play with it on a small scale.  Only one block left and then I can finally assemble this and get it off of my WIP list.


Blocks made for both my memory scrap quilt and leaders and enders quilt.

Miscellaneous Accomplishments
Here Comes the Sun Cross-Stitch - Stitched last month and finished this month! This was a kit from a Caterpillar Cross Stitch subscription box.
Odds and ends: a test block for the group quilt I was working on and some special back-to-school masks.  Lots going on here and I couldn't be happier (though I do need to make some time to clean up the sewing room a little bit!).

Comments

Rose said…
I made a simple Sudoku quilt for a retiring coworker several years ago. It was fun. I used a hard puzzle as the pattern and then gave her the puzzle to solve.