Little Fox Quilt

Some dear friends of ours recently had a baby - he's a month old now and has finally received his very own quilt!

This is a fairly new quilt pattern, Little Fox by Bound Co.  When I first saw it, I was immediately struck by the graphic nature of the top and knew I had to make it!  I love how the fox face is just floating on a traditional background. I used a shooting stars blender for the gray squares just to make them a little more interesting if you are looking at the quilt up close.

This quilt is tiny enough that a single width of regular quilting fabric was enough to back it, the easiest way to back a quilt.  The quilting is a gentle meander and the binding matches the fabric used in the fox's face.  My boys were kind enough to find me a few stuffed foxes to help style the quilt back photo.

The new baby has already been photographed on the quilts I made for his older sisters, so I have no doubt that he will love this one too!  As a funny aside, my middle son was chatting with me while I was hand-stitching the binding down and asked if I had any extra of the backing fabric.  I told him I had about eight inches and he said "So enough to make me a mask?"

Just barely enough to make him a mask.  I would have liked to center the foxes more on each side, but when you are working with scraps it's enough to get a whole fox on each side.  He's planning on wearing this one on his first day of school!  It's fun to see a little bit of my project being used even after the quilt has been gifted.

It was a fun break to sew a non-scrappy quilt from someone else's pattern - I never had to think about what fabric I was using!  Now it's back to testing my newest quilt pattern, Zephyr, which is the exact opposite; it's designed to use up huge scraps of fabric!  Looking forward to some quiet writing time once the kids go back to school this week.

Comments