2023 Monthly Recap Post: December

Another quilty year is done!  All I want to say up here is THANK YOU!  Thank you for reading my blog, admiring my projects, and buying my patterns.  Your support means so much to me!

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 11
WIP List at end of month: 12
Untouched in 2023: 3
Active QAL Projects: 1

Quilts Finished
Scrap Cabinet (March 2023)

Quilts Started
I started two projects this month.  First, the scrappy throw-sized version of Pebbled Prairie.  It's such a fun pattern to make and I'm looking forward to sharing it with you soon.  Second, my Advent calendar project from Sugaridoo.  I have all of the piecing done, but there's appliqué involved and I'm very slowly working on the blanket stitching around the edges of those pieces.  Once that part is done, it should be an easy peasy finish.  The pattern calls for making this guy into a pillow, but I'm not really a pillow person so I'll probably just stick with a mini quilt.


Quilt Progress (4 WIPs touched)
Under the Sea - Two anchor blocks.  I wrote a blog post about my progress on this quilt this year and decided to finish off the year by making two of the filler blocks I want for my final layout.  The boats and the Kona Shark in my baby-sized Pebbled Prairie quilt inspired me to do it!


Blocks made for my memory scrap quilt and leaders and enders quilt.  I'm almost out of tan squares for my leaders and enders quilt, so 2024 may be the year where I finish off this fun little background quilt!


Pebbled Prairie: Boats edition.  This baby quilt top is finished and basted.  I'm confident I can quilt it in one session due to it's small size, but I'm waiting until the kids go back to school so I can do it in a single day instead of stretching it out.  Should be a quick finish once January arrives!

Miscellaneous Accomplishments
Halloween Cross-Stitch - I finished stitching this in early November and now it's ready for Halloween next year!  The frame is, in fact, the leftover binding from the Scrap Cabinet quilt!


I adore the Windsuit quilt that I haven't shared yet, but I do have a mini project that I can share today!  The retro 80s cassette tape print was begging to be used in a new hair schrunchie, so here it is!


Next Month's Goal
It's all about Pebbled Prairie!  You can read more about my goals for the entire year here.

Comments