2024 Monthly Recap: February

February was full of literal flying geese and computer admin.  I made more flying geese for two projects than I normally make in a year!  I also soft-launched my brand-new standalone pattern shop, BluePipDesigns.com!  You'll hear more about this when Windsuit is released, but please go and check it out now!

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 10
WIP List at end of month: 10
Untouched in 2024: 5
Active QAL Projects: 0

Quilts Finished
Mother (February 2021)
Project Quilting: Inside Out (February 2024)

Quilts Started
Kona Solids Quilt - Technically, I started this on January 31st, but not until after I published the blog post.  It is a free pattern by Robert Kaufman fabrics featuring Kona Solids.  I used my color card and raided my stash to to find the closest matches to each color (some of them aren't Konas - don't tell!).  I made all twelve blocks this month and will be making the fun half-square triangle border and finishing up the project next month.


Quilt Progress (3 WIPs touched)
Under the Sea - Half a block is better than none!  The colors are a little funky too - I'll get a better photo once the entire block is done.


Blocks made for my memory scrap quilt and leaders and enders quilt.

Miscellaneous Accomplishments
This month I also made two small projects that have been floating around in my brain.  Both of them were done in a single afternoon; the instant gratification was wonderful!


Teddy has a love-hate relationship with the ducks and I had this funny scrap of duck fabric that I thought would make a fun drawstring bag for him.  The tutorial I used is dated 2017 and I've been using it for every drawstring bag I make ever since then.  The ModgePodged Pinewood Derby car ended up being voted second coolest car in my son's den!

When I made the Calendar Gamebox quilt I printed off some mini-FPP templates for the blocks with multiple fabrics and it struck me that they could be colored to look like a rose.  It's very abstract and geometric and I ended up turning it into a potholder.  I've never brown-bagged with Insul-Brite before and I don't think I will again, but it's a good lesson learned.  My family calls this the "fancy potholder" and looked shocked when I plopped a cast-iron pan down on top of it, but it was made for function (and washed up just fine after a bunch of taco meat was dropped on it).

A short but satisfying list this month!  I'm happy with my progress!

Comments