Pebbled Prairie QAL Week 1: Cutting

Welcome to Week 1 of the Pebbled Prairie Quilt-Along!  I'm so happy you decided to sew along with me!

We are starting off this week with cutting. Or, if you are like me, some of the cutting. I get too impatient to see how the block is going to look and just start sewing.  So for week one, I cut the squares for my 9-patches and my vertical sashing.  I'm excited for this to be my first non-solid fabric sashing version of Pebbled Prairie!

I bought the sashing fabric because I didn't have a piece large enough in my stash, but the plan is for everything else to come from my vintage Cotton and Steel and current Ruby Star stash.  I was especially excited to use up the long skinny side off-cuts from my Sew Place Like Home quilt back.

I stacked my squares in nine piles for the nine patches that we will be making next week.  You can see that two of the piles have multiple fabrics in them; this will add more variety to my finished quilt.  If you look closely at the spiderweb fabric in the top middle you can see there's a seam in there.  I was two squares short from having enough of that fabric for a full set so I pieced the last two squares from the leftover fabric.  It's a good mix of different shades of yellow and patterns so the quilt will have nice movement when it is done.  Next week I'll show you my easy method for randomizing and piecing the nine-patches!

And that's it for week one!  If you still need a copy of the pattern, you can still save 20% off with the code PEBBLEQAL through midnight tonight, October 6th.  Remember to tag me @bluepipdesigns on Instagram when you share your progress!

Comments