Halloween 2026 Finishes

I spent a lot of time in September preparing for the next major holiday coming our way: Halloween!


It started off with this adorable Boo to You piece that I stitched with The Fat Quarter Shop.  This was a free pattern that they released in conjunction with a quilt pattern.  I used my own colors and designed my own border and love how it turned out.


Next, I tackled this Stitchonomy daily piece from 2021.  If memory serves me correctly, I finished more or less on-time, then decided I wanted to frame the final piece and set it aside to do "later".  And five years later, "later" is here.  I found a lacing tutorial and bought a frame and now I have a new Halloween decoration.


A quick look at the back because I'm proud of how neat it looks.  I used a spool of thread that my sewing machine hates and I think I'm on my machine's side now - it broke several times and there was one place where the manufacturer had just tied two ends together.  I'm actually planning on lacing at least three more projects in the near future and I will be experimenting with different thread (that was the only part of the process that gave me any trouble).


Finally, the Halloween Snow Globes from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery that have been on my quarterly goals more than once are finished!  These were a little challenging because they were stitched on a stiff paper.  The paper was great to stitch on, but stumped me when it came to finishing them.  I finally decided to just go with the included finishing tutorial and this was the final result.  Cute little hanging decorations in time for the holiday AND my Q3 Goal Wrap-up post.


I don't consider myself a Halloween super-fan, but looking at this collection of finished Halloween projects you might disagree.  I'm glad I stretched myself and tried a few things other than my regular mini quilt finishing techniques for these new Halloween pieces.  It's always nice to have new skills ready to go.  There are still a few more Halloween projects waiting to be finished, but that's a problem for next year.  All these handmade goodies will have to be enough for this year.

Comments