Ricochet Quilt

I'm pleased to present the first Quilt Block Summer graduate: Ricochet!!  My quilt holders were all at school, so I had to do the best I could on my own to get a picture.


This is my second all C+S top, and it's a lot more restrained than the first one.  I used Sprinkle in Jelly Bracelet as my background fabric, and then stuck to all blue and green fabrics to make my blocks. The fat quarters I used span the entire life of the Cotton + Steel line.  You can see all of them together in this patch I made for the back of the quilt - it's all the extra centers from the blocks on the front.


My original plan was to make the back scrappy with different pink fat quarters, but then I realized I had almost enough Lucky Strikes Dime Store Dot Navy for the whole thing.  It fits so well with the front of the quilt that I decided to just use it all.  It wasn't my intention to make a double-sided quilt, but I did and it's one of my favorite backs ever!


The quilting is just a simple meander, done easily in a single sitting on my domestic machine and the binding is Mint Stripes from English Garden.


I'm enjoying this sweet little quilt before my boys get home from school and whisk it off to whatever quilt fort they are building next.

The Ricochet quilt pattern was included in a Cotton + Steel Booster box I purchased.

Ricochet was my September goal at Elm Street Quilts and I'm linking up my finish there as well.  Here is the other quilt I mentioned in my goal post.

Comments

Patty said…
I love your quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.