One Quilty Goal - September 2018

My kids go back to school on Tuesday and I have so many ideas of what I want to sew!  I'm letting myself dream a little bigger than normal, just because the time I have seems so endless (don't pop my bubble of happiness quite yet, please!).  But amidst all the new stuff I also want to finish up some of my lingering projects.  I'm actually hoping to get two of them done: the My Small World quilt that didn't quite get finished as part of my May goal (my only failure so far) and the first of my Quilt Block Summer project graduates, the Ricochet Quilt.

I don't have an updated picture of the My Small World quilt, but it just needs a hanging sleeve (I intend to hang it permanently), binding, and a few small areas of hand quilting.  I can do it, right?

But the actual goal I'm linking up for this month is to finish the Ricochet quilt.  I've got the top pieced already.  I need to piece a back from my collection of Cotton + Steel fat quarters, quilt, and bind this.  I'm planning on just doing an all-over meander for the quilting, so it should be nice and fast.  Then I'll be able to hand-bind it while catching up on all the TV no one else in my family wants to watch with me.


I'm linking up my goal at Elm Street Quilts.

Comments

Great goals, and your Ricochet quilt is lovely!
Sharon - IN said…
Good luck on your goals. I know about older unfinished projects - hope you get the My Small World finished. It looks like a fun quilt. Ricochet - nice design!
Patty said…
What a great quilt top - Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.
Home Sewn By Us said…
Good Morning! HAHA - I wouldn't dream of popping your quilt bubble. You absolutely will get a LOT accomplished this month. School starts here tomorrow as well (Wisconsin). We're on the other side - in education so the kiddos are coming to us. I love the name for this quilt. I had to pop in to read just for that reason! So, you'd better get it finished so that I remember to come back to see it all complete. AND, your quilt holders are doing a fabulous job! Those sweet little feet make the quilt even better. ~smile~ Roseanne